Sunday 16 December 2012

Who Am I? – 16/5/11



You have the Answer.  Just get quiet enough to hear it.  ~Pat Obuchowski


Not many people are given the opportunity to reevaluate their lives and create the person they want to be. Truthfully, I guess we all have the opportunity but it is sometimes super hard to see it even if it is right in front of you. Sometimes it takes having everything you know ripped away before you can take a step back and see the whole picture.

It is a little crazy to be able to stand back from the mirror and think, who am I?, who do I want to be? I have been given an incredible opportunity, wrapped up in a whole lot of hurt... lucky for me, the package was easily opened and I am able to see the positive in this situation. I don't know the answers though. How do you reinvent yourself? How do you decide what traits you keep, what traits you get rid of, what traits you'd like to create?

I have an idea in my head of what I want to create! I see a strong, confident woman who is happy and independent... not so anal retentive! I know that I cannot be recklessly care free because I have 4 little men who count on me. I want to experience new things and achieve my goals. I never want to be held down again, I want to be a free spirit! But how? I have already seen a dramatic change in myself, this happened naturally as I had only two choices when my marriage ended - to wallow in self pity or find the light in the darkness... I chose the light and wonderful things have happened.

So here I am, with the opportunity of a lifetime, one that is missed by so many. I am trying to figure out how to embrace it, how to make the most of it. This is one opportunity that I refuse to let slip. I intend on creating the best possible me... Right now the thought is a little intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment