Sunday 16 December 2012

Happy Easter – 24/4/11



"May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue. And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through."
- Irish Blessings

I have been told many times that the first year of a separation is the most difficult as you experience holidays, birthdays and anniversaries on your own. I have made it through my first holiday, all on my own and things are okay! I think Easter was a good one to start with! The joy and excitement that radiated through my house when the boys realized that the Easter Bunny had been was amazing!

The boys all rushed down the stairs this morning to see if the Easter Bunny had been to our house! The giggles and screams could be heard and an air of excitement could be felt! They immediately started searching for eggs and I quickly realized that none of my boys will ever be employed in the search and rescue sector. Unless an egg was in plain view, it was not being found! I had to give hints as to what the Easter Bunny may have been thinking while hiding eggs. I think all of them have been found but will not be surprised if we stumble upon a few more over the next few weeks.

My oldest, who is quite competitive, raced around the house, determined to find more eggs than his brothers. This was not hard as the younger boys had different agendas. My second son would tuck himself away and munch on the eggs he found. I heard my oldest scream more than once, "mom, he is eating eggs again"! My third did not really care to look for eggs, other goodies such as Lego were much more appealing! My baby had it figured out! As the boys found eggs they would put them in a bowl on the table. My baby saw this, planted his butt in his chair and gobbled up the eggs almost as quickly as they arrived in the bowl. Sometimes too quickly as he forgot to take the tin foil wrapper off a few times!!

The best moment was when my second realized that the Easter Bunny had left an egg on top of the clock. He had been remembering  that the Easter Bunny did that last year, and has been talking about it for the last few weeks. It was the first place he went when he came down the stairs. He started jumping up and down, laughing and pointing! He was so happy!! I am not sure why this egg is so important but I am sure the Easter Bunny will make sure there is an egg there each year!

I have discovered that putting together the little toys inside eggs, all by myself, when there are a million pieces and 4 separate toys, is difficult and a little frustrating but doable! I have also discovered that the pure happiness of a child is worth a million bad days. So, 1 holiday down, 11 months and numerous holidays to go. I will focus on what is good during these holidays and that will fill me with enough happiness to make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment