Sunday 16 December 2012

Private Matters – 19/5/11




The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.  ~Thomas Babington Macaulay
I have decided to make my blog private. I have a new audience of people, who do not like me, and they are reading my blog and making inappropriate comments. Although I have not spoken to them in quite some time, it did not surprise me when the rude comments started to fly almost the instant they found out about my blog. The comments were left anonymously, which did not surprise me. Cowardly seems to be the way these people operate. 
Someone, who will remain unnamed, trying to insinuate that I am trash after the way I have conducted myself despite what has been done to me is pathetic. I have not been derogatory toward my ex. I could have been, but that's not the point.  I have not engaged in the petty mind games... I have been mature which is something that is lacking in some of my readers.
 I have some very untrashy characteristics. I am single handedly raising my boys. I am the one who takes them to the doctor and who stays up all night while they puke. I am the one who reassures them that their dad and mom both love them. I help them with their homework, I drop them off at school each day. I make sure they are fed and clean, consoled, cheered up, loved and taught to love others. I bust my ass because I am their mom and I love what I do. I have next to no personal life because I have to work everything around my ex's limited (his choice) involvement with the boys. I could loath my ex and all that he has done to destroy our boys' carefree and innocent childhood. But I do not. I carry myself with grace and dignity and nobody will ever make me question that. Unlike the lack of support from my critical readers, my love and support for my ex was unwavering until he gave me no other choice but to ask him to leave!
 I know that I have friends, old and new, reading this, old neighbors and new, bad neighbors and good. Family I see often, family I have not seen in years. Work friends current and past. Strangers, who are finding a little strength.  I would love for you all to continue reading my blog which I will continue to write and publish. I will send out the link to those that I know read often. In the next day or 2 when I make it private, please click on the link that will now appear instead of my blog and send me a message, I will send you an invite. To those that I have no use for and you know who you are, don't bother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment