Sunday 16 December 2012

Curve Balls – 20/6/11



Life throws the bad things at us to make the good things all the more worthwhile…
~Anonymous~

Life is interesting. It throws you many curve balls, some you catch, others you chase but each one provides a valuable lesson. What you do with these curve balls is what proves your strength of character. Sometimes it is hard for me to catch those curve balls without tripping and a lesson is learned so the next time I will  catch them in a dignified manner.

So today I had a curve ball thrown at me! A big, nasty hurtful curve ball filled with anger by my ex. I am sure that if I got really down to the meat and potatoes of this curve ball, it was not really about me. But, it was thrown right at my head with my back turned and it caught me completely off guard! 

I stumbled back a bit and picked up the nasty, hate-filled curve ball and threw it back. I regret that. I have learned a valuable lesson and that is next time I will let the curve ball roll along the ground until it stops where it started, right at his feet. It cannot hit me if I am not in the room. This lesson does not nullify the fact that I threw the ball in the lowest, hardest way possible and for that I am ashamed because I am better than that but as I have said, I am totally  honest and was very hurt. However, I have more self respect than to put the energy into catching and pitching these negative orbs. 

So now, I am laughing and smiling with my girlfriends and getting some hard but good advice from them. I am glad my girls are so damn honest and straight forward! I think I have learned that if someone throws you too many negative curve balls, no matter how much you want to be in a positive relationship with them, it cannot happen. Not now anyway, maybe not ever. I realized that with the separation, I am no longer a target for these curve balls. I call the shots on how my life unfolds. Batter up!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment