Sunday 16 December 2012

Evolution – 11/07/11



“Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit.”
Napoleon Hill

Life lessons are learned daily. As we interact with those we love, those we are getting to know, those we sort of know, those we thought we knew and those who are strangers. Each person and each interaction has a lesson. It isn't always a lesson that we need to take note of, but some of them need to be noted and they are incredible. Each day, I learn a little bit more about myself and what I want to improve on.

I no longer strive to be something I am not. I used to struggle with this as I thought I had to become someone I was not, in order to achieve my dreams and goals. Now I can see that while I am always changing and evolving, it is not about changing who I am. It is about bettering myself for myself and not for anybody else. I am okay with who I am and where I am going. I do not pretend to be someone I am not and never will. I am proud of my strength, determination, compassion and tenacity but also my inability to be tactful sometimes. It all makes me who I am. I am excited to see the person that I am creating each day as it is a newer version of who I was the day before.

I have been very open about the fact that I wear my heart on my sleeve. Recently,   I have become very aware of how that is going to hurt again. I am a hopeless romantic but not yet ready or wanting a relationship. I enjoy the fun filled friendships and my time by myself. I do not want anyone to intrude on that space or time, not for a long time, but when you tend to jump in with both feet, it is hard to keep that in mind. I am taking a step back, enjoying what I have and not pushing for more. I need to take care of me first.

I am also learning that my ability to speak my mind and not let anyone rule my thoughts and feelings is a blessing! I love being able to voice myself and not compromise my words for anyone. I see and hear people say things that are obviously fed to them by a third party and it makes me feel very sad for them and their inability to be true to themselves. The one thing you can control is your thoughts but to have them influenced by another is sad. I know it comes down to a lack of confidence but everyone is capable of standing up for what they feel and believe in. It is a choice to allow your beliefs to take a backseat to how you really feel and listen to the devil on your shoulder.

I am loving some of my new insights but some of them scare the hell out of me too. Personal growth is hard and sometimes painful. The place that I am at scares me but I am very happy at the same time. I may get hurt but I respect the woman I am and although I am evolving I will be true to myself. I am learning to protect myself but at the same time, to bring down some of the walls that keep people at a distance. 1 step at a time, I love this evolution for what it is and for what it is giving me.

“We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.”
Galileo Galilei

No comments:

Post a Comment