Sunday 16 December 2012

Happiness – 10/8/11



"Don't miss all the beautiful colors of the rainbow looking for that pot of gold." -Unknown


Part of what makes animals and humans so different is our ability to feel a wide range of emotions. To love, hate, worry and celebrate are feeling that we have been blessed (or cursed) with.  I am incredibly happy at them  moment  but at the same time, this happiness is clouded by stress related to so many things and not just the ex this time.
Life has a way of sometimes giving a person a full plate. I feel like my plate has been full or overflowing for  a very long time and I would like it to be empty, just for a little while. Life has dumped a lot of stuff on my plate and while not all bad, it is very overwhelming when it needs to be dealt with all at once. I am tired and not coping with day to day stresses with the same brilliant smile plastered on my face that has been typical over the last few months.
Many people assume that since I am stressed over health, my ex, and other concerns, I am not happy when in fact, I am happier than I have been for a long time. It is hard for me to enjoy this happiness that has given me joy in my heart and a welcome peace of mind when overshadowed by all the extra "stuff". It is all part n' parcel of life but it is definitely a juggling act and I am learning that I need to let a lot go so I can truly enjoy the happiness that is surrounding me. 
It all comes down to recognizing what is important and what needs to be focused on, what to let go of and what to hold on to. It is also important to realize that there is a time and place for worry and a time and place to be happy. My mission is to pour my energy into the things I can change, the things I can improve and the things that give me the most happiness. Life is brilliant and I don't want to waste it on the things I cannot change while missing out on the things that truly make me happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment