Sunday 16 December 2012

Possibility – 12/4/11



"It is never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

So excited to say that today was another day of growth! A day of excitement, dreaming and possibility.... I have not been in a head space this good for such a long time. The world is full of possibility!!

I have a bucket list and for years that bucket list sat idle, I was not moving toward it and had nobody to support and conquer it with me. It was daunting, it was scary and I was afraid to face it all on my own. I now know that I can attack this list on my own... I am also learning from friends old and new that I may not have to attack this list on my own.... The possibilities are never ending and bring a smile to my face every time I think about them.

I want to share my list, so I can put it out there and show what is possible, no matter what obstacles come my way!

Hike the West Coast Trail (My ex always told me I would have to do it alone)
Run a marathon (I have done a half and although am starting back at 5km, I will complete a marathon)
Lose weight and a)Seriously compete in a bodybuilding competition and b) become a personal trainer. I am down my first 20 pounds... it is getting closer!
See a sunset in Hawaii...
Go to Africa and New Zealand
Compete in a triathlon - I need to learn how to swim however...
Take my boys back to Orlando to see my second son's star at The Village (This is the most important one of all)
My list is big, a little grueling but no longer so daunting. I no longer fear that I will never do it. I see possibility and am anxious to start crossing things of the list! As I drove to work today, I found that my music was no longer angry, it was fun... I was smiling, I was singing and probably looked like an idiot... and I did not care.  Driving home with my boys we were all dancing to Whoomp by Tag Team... Yes, very old school...  but it was so much fun, much better than them asking me if I was playing a certain song because I was sad. Possibility is so much better than fear.... I am actually smiling while I type instead of crying and the smile is genuine... that has been missing for a while now....

No comments:

Post a Comment