Sunday 16 December 2012

Looking At The Menu – 16/7/11



Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions.  ~Woody Allen

The overwhelming advice of the masses is - it is too soon. Do not commit. Discover yourself. This is a whole new mindset after being 110% devoted to one man for 12.5 years. My self-discovery in the last few months has been incredible given the short amount of time that has passed but there is so much more growth needed to happen before I can give a piece of myself, 100% to another person.

This whole single life is crazy. I am learning, like in most things, everyone has an opinion of what I should do, how I should do it and when I should do it. I have some friends encouraging a buffet while others are encouraging  1 healthy meal. It all scares the hell out of me. I am not a buffet kinda girl but I am certainly not ready for 1 hearty meal. A girl has gotta eat but the options are overwhelming and some meals could potentially cause food poisoning. When I find something I like, I tend to stick with it, but I am not certainly not going to settle for a tuna sandwich when I know I can have filet mignon.

In addition to incredible concern about a buffet, there is also the fear of the happy meal. Quick and easy, often quite satisfying, it sometimes leaves you with a tummy ache and a craving for something more. I had  a friend declare that happy meals are super fun and I should have a few. But while I agree that happy meals could be enjoyable, they are not the healthiest choice. However, I guess sometimes you just need something to hit the spot and a happy meal is good in a pinch. Happy meals taste artificial, like plastic, although sometimes I guess, that hits the spot too.

I have been told variety is the spice of life. I guess that makes all the dishes out there that much tastier. It is scary because you never know if what you are getting is truly what is advertised on the menu. Even when you have the dish in front of you, you might not know if it has gone bad unless you take a bite. Sometimes that bite is a hard one to swallow. Other dishes taste like heaven but quickly change and turn rancid in your stomach. How is a girl to know? I guess a few bad dishes are needed in order to find the perfect meal, the meal you could be happy eating day in day out.

There is an entire menu of options. I am happy with lunch and not sure if I feel the need to add breakfast, dinner or snacks. I am currently able to maintain my distance, my independence and my path to self discovery while having the companionship of a really good friend. Not to say I am eliminating all other menu options but at this moment, right now, I am full. There are lots of meals in this world to choose from and I am in no rush. Believe me, I will never settle for anything less than steak and lobster again.

No comments:

Post a Comment